Sunday, April 1, 2018

Wear Makeup for You

I will get back to reviewing products on this page soon, and maybe even writing out tutorials as well. Before I do that, however, I wanted to do another post about beauty that has a positive spin on it.

I remember years ago at my previous job, I overheard a couple of guys I worked with talking about not liking when women wear too much makeup. They were saying that they found a natural look a lot more attractive than a girl with a face full of makeup. My first reaction was laughing. People who do not use makeup probably have no idea just how many products that “natural no makeup makeup look” takes to achieve. Some people absolutely rock the completely naked face, but others wear more natural makeup looks.

My second reaction, which is getting into my real topic for today’s post is that I was a little annoyed that they thought women only wear makeup to please them. I mean this in an overall sense too. I know I personally love to wear makeup for me. I do it because it feels good when I pull off a new and exciting look. It really is an artform in some ways. I wear it because I like to, and I know a lot of other people that feel that way as well.

I know that this topic is pretty similar to the last post for this page, but I want to make sure this page stays with my positive mindset. I want someone reading this page and this post to realize that you should only wear makeup if you want to for you. Back on my other page, Positively Weightless I wrote a post about losing weight for you and you only. That was within the first year of starting that page. This is the same basic idea. Never wear makeup because someone tells you that you should or to impress someone. It should always be something you do for you.

Sure, getting a nice complement about how nice you look is always a good feeling. I don’t know one person that doesn’t like getting a compliment from time to time. This is of course just fine, but it should not be the driving force behind putting on makeup or really any sort of self-care. Do all of these things for you and only you. Do them because they feel good and they make you feel really good. Never put on makeup on to please someone else or because you think it will impress someone.

Live your life for you and only you. If you want to wear makeup or not, the right people will be in your life either way. Beauty can mean so many things and the most important beauty is what comes on the inside. If you choose to wear makeup because you want to that is fine, but if you choose not to because you do not like it that is okay too. As long as you are making that choice for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NYX Worth the Hype Mascara Review

The last makeup product I reviewed was an eyeshadow product so I figured for the next review, it would make the most sense to review a masca...