Saturday, March 17, 2018

Beauty Without Makeup

I wanted to take a break from the makeup reviews on this page and write about something different for this week. I clearly love makeup. If you follow me on any of my social media you will know this since I like to share new looks on a fairly regular basis. Of course, if I didn't love makeup I wouldn't have this page either. With that being said I wanted to talk about how makeup can and should be used as something you love to do, rather than something you feel you need to do to be beautiful.

I think a big misconception about makeup is that a lot of people mistake someone that loves and wears makeup as a very self conscious and not very confident person. A lot of the time make up is thought to cover up your flaws and hide them away to feel better. I know I felt like I needed to wear it back when my acne was really bad. I just wanted to hide that away from the world because I just hated the look of it. I was also a much more self conscious person back then than I am now. I do of course still get breakouts now, and sometimes if it is a particularly bad one I will cover it up just to reduce the appearance of it, but this is a rare occasion now. I think that is just a natural instinct in us really. What is important to me is to learn to love yourself with or without makeup. What is really important is learning that you do not need makeup in order to be a beautiful person.

When I do my makeup and the look I created turns out even better than I expected I know I have an extra little boost of self confidence. There is nothing wrong with that at all. Makeup is such a fun way to boost your confidence and bring out your creativity. It really is an art form in a way (especially when people do those amazing special effects looks). Even when that happens, remember that at the end of the day the makeup is wiped away. The person underneath the makeup is what really matters. Realize that you are beautiful with our without it, and if you are not such a beautiful person on the inside, realize that no amount of makeup will cover this up. The person on the inside shows your true beauty. 

I love my makeup and do it mostly every day, but I also can leave the house without it. I have no problems leaving the house to run errands or even to meet up with some of my friends for lunch without an ounce of makeup on m face. My confidence and self worth is exactly the same during both of the situations. I know so many people that simply will not leave the house without it. I am going to leave this post  a little shorter and end it with a challenge. I want to challenge anyone reading this that may feel they need their makeup when going out to leave the house without it. I am not saying show up to work or something like that (because quite frankly I hardly ever do that myself) but go to the grocery store or something without any makeup on. Challenge yourself to realize you don't need it. Challenge yourself to see the beautiful person you are with naked skin. Live a confident life with or without makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NYX Worth the Hype Mascara Review

The last makeup product I reviewed was an eyeshadow product so I figured for the next review, it would make the most sense to review a masca...